The clock is ticking to submit nominations for PEI Media’s inaugural Women of Influence in Private Markets list, which celebrates trailblazing women in alternative assets.
To allow you more time to submit nominations, we have extended the entry window to Friday 9 April.
The list will be published by Private Equity International, Private Debt Investor, Infrastructure Investor, Venture Capital Journal and PERE News in July.
The cross-asset class list recognises influential and pioneering women who have achieved something notable over the last 12 months.
The list celebrates achievement in all its forms. For example, nominees may have received a promotion; started a mentoring programme; played an instrumental role in an innovative or significant deal; implemented an ESG policy; led their fund’s investment activity in a new sector or region; taken identifiable steps to facilitate greater diversity and inclusion in their firm, portfolio companies or the industry more broadly; founded a firm; or helped their organisation successfully navigate the pandemic.
These achievements will be considered alongside an individual’s wider work and impact in the industry.
The nominations window has been extended to Friday 9 April. Submit your nomination here.
The list will feature individuals across the following categories:
- Private equity
- Private debt
- Real estate
- Venture capital
- Cross asset class
PEI Media’s editorial teams will decide the list based on the following criteria:
- The nominee’s achievements over the last 12 months (since 1 March 2020) in their careers, their firm or the private funds industry;
- Evidence of innovation or game-changing actions (eg, closing an innovative deal, securing an LP commitment or launching D&I initiatives);
- Evidence of leadership, impact or influence on others within the industry and beyond.
To be eligible, nominees must work in the private funds industry, namely private equity, private debt, infrastructure, venture capital or private real estate. We welcome nominations for women working in a variety of roles at investment firms (such as on the investment team, IR, operations, marketing and portfolio support), LPs, as well as advisory firms (eg, law firms, placement agents, capital advisory firms, fund administrators).
We also welcome a diverse range of nominations – there are no age or geographical restrictions for nominees.
How to submit your nomination
- Fill in the online nomination form.
- On the form, in less than 300 words, include details of what the person has achieved over the last 12 months from 1 March 2020 to make them worthy of being included in the list. Include any other achievements over the course of their career that should be considered.
- Any information included in the nomination should be suitable for publication.
- Tell us which category you are entering the nominee for: private equity; infrastructure; private debt; venture capital; private real estate; cross asset class. Choose the category which applies most closely – PEI’s editorial teams reserve the right to consider all entries for all categories.
- Tell us the profile of the organisation the individual works for (GP/fund; LP/investor; advisory firm).
- Firms and PRs are welcome to submit nominations, with no more than one single nomination per firm for each category.
- If you are nominating someone from your own firm, you must also nominate a candidate from another firm to be eligible.
If you have any queries, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org