Brussels Airport CEO steps down(3)

Wilfried Van Assche, the CEO of Brussels Airport, has resigned from his position with immediate effect, the airport said in a statement. Van Assche was appointed CEO in 2005.

Macquarie Airports (MAp), which owns 36 percent of the airport, leads a consortium of Australian investors which own a combined 75 percent stake. The Belgian state owns the remaining 25 percent interest.

Brussels Airport

A spokesperson for Brussels Airport declined to comment on the reason for  Van Assche’s departure, but said that a full-time replacement is unlikely to be appointed for at least four months. In the meantime the airport’s executive committee will take charge of the business.
MAp CEO Kerrie Mather said of Van Assche’s resignation: “We would like to thank Wilfried for his commitment in developing and growing the airport over the past four years. We wish him well for the future.”
MAp is currently in the midst of internalising its managing structure after agreeing in July to sever ties with management company Macquarie Group. Since listing in 2002 MAp has paid A$547 million (€314 million; $447 million) of base management and performance fees to Macquarie.